Sunday, June 30, 2013

Decompressing after the Europe Trip

After the long flight home (23 hours) I'm starting to get back in sync with Sydney time. You need time to decompress after travel, to get back into the normal routine. The first few days after a trip are strange. You have to get used to not having to pack again, or that you really don't have to go out and do something, visit something, see something.

Sometimes you immediately start planning for the next one. This is winter time in Sydney, and at 13 degrees, we really don't have anything to complain about compared to a Northern Hemisphere winter where it snows. It doesn't snow in Sydney. Still I usually plan to go overseas in our winter, to Europe or America, where it is summer. It's a sneaky way to get two summers. I highly recommend it.

Another way is to go somewhere tropical, like Fiji. I love Fiji, and it's only five hours or so from Sydney, and it's relatively cheap. We are lucky to have a holiday house in sub tropical Queensland, where I often escape too. I think I spent six weeks up there last winter. Another favourite destination is Hawaii, and for my friends on the West side of America, that's where I would be heading. I love Hawaii, especially the North Shore.

However, I'm getting ahead of myself, first I have to update my blog entries, organise my photos, upload video, and add more information, and go through the normal decompression phase after travel.