Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What to do on the Gold Coast when it rains? Pac Fair?

It rained today, but don't worry, there is plenty of fun stuff to do on the Gold Coast when it rains. I've put the mocker on the weather obviously. I lingered longer on my morning breakfast, and had Banana Bread, which is basically healthy, because its got bananas in it, right? I even mixed it up and went to Oliver Brown Belgian cafe, where the cool kids go too, right? Most importantly I was able to update my Facebook page - yes, I'm on Facebook, or as Julian Assange calls, 'the most appalling spying machine', all the cool kids are on it at university.

Last time I was with my nephews we went to Timezone, an amusement arcade on Cavill Avenue, that has Laser Skirmish, which was a lot of fun. By the end of it they were not exactly a well trained SWAT team, they at least showed the intensity of the kids from 'Lord of the Flies' defending the conch or this case our home base.


Actually what I ended up doing was catching the tram to Broadbeach South, and walking across the canal to Pacific Fair or 'Pac Fair' to the locals. I thought it would be nearly finished, but boy was I surprised (see below)



Now, everytime I've been to 'Pac Fair' I've run into someone I know, so central it is to life on the Gold Coast. Not this time, because its not nearly finished refurbishment yet. I don't know what the locals are doing, they are probably going to Robina Fair shopping centre. Therefore I didn't run into anybody I know, but they know what I'm doing because of this travel blog and most importantly, from Facebook.

The most amazing thing is that I get all these stats from Google and found out that 250,000 people have viewed my personal profile regarding this travel blog, which got me thinking. If I can get all those people to become my Facebook friends I may be able to crash the system or better yet get to that celebrity status of not being able to accept any more friends like Nicky Minaj.

You have to have goals in life......