Monday, June 15, 2015

Gold Coast here I come



On Saturday, the day after my last Uni (college) exam for this semester, I'll be flying up to the Gold Coast (pictured above) in the sunny Australian State of Queensland. 'Beautiful one day, perfect the next" is the tourist line for Queenland, and the warmer weather, and the declining Aussie dollar is why Australians go there for holidays. To be honest I go for those reasons, but mostly because my family have a holiday home there, which is hard to go past.

Gold Coast airport is both a domestic and international airport, so its possible to find a direct flight from overseas, and many flights from Asia do that, but on the whole most overseas flights arrive in Sydney or Melbourne. A word of warning Australian domestic flights vary enormously in price, however on the whole it seems cheaper to book further ahead. Webjet http://www.webjet.com.au is a handy website to finding the cheapest flight on any one day.

Finding accomodation is generally not a problem on the Gold Coast, because as you can see from the picture there are lots and lots of hotels and apartments. I can reccomend the Q1 hotel http://www.q1.com.au in the heart of Surfers Paradise for the terrific views (its one of the tallest buildings), and great pool.

I always find the Gold Coast the hardest to write about, because I've been coming here all my life, but I'll try to make this trip a little more exciting and do what the tourists do, so you have a better idea about what it has to offer.

Travel Information 


Destination: Surfers Paradise, 
Travel Time: 1 hour flight from Sydney 

Gold Coast travel guide http://www.visitgoldcoast.com/ipad/?mdr=%2Ftravel-guide%2F