Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Arts Centre, Gold Coast - Far from the Madding Crowd



It rained again today so I went to a little known place on the Gold Coast, The Arts Centre. Yes, there is culture on the Gold Coast, and, the Gold Coast Arts Centre, is literally the centre of art and culture on the Gold Coast. There is an art gallery, a live music and comedy venue (the Basement), stage shows and what I frequented today, the cinema.



Admittingly, I was the only one under fifty I think at the cinema today, but at $13.50 its good value and you can see some more independent or 'arty' (is that a word) films.

Today I saw a great film by one of my favourite actresses, Carey Mulligan called,  Far from the Madding Crowd' 



Its based on the Tom Hardy novel of the same name. Its one of those very English dramas that the English do so very well with strong performances from Carey and Michael Sheen (Tony Blair in, The Queen). Try and see it on the big screen if you can to revel in views of the English countryside in all its glory, and it probably will also win a couple of Oscar I suspect.

'Far from the Madding Crowd' at IMDB -  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935476/



If you are on the Gold Coast and want to take in a show, see some comedy, or just see an independent or 'arty' film, then head to the Gold Coast Art Centre. They even have a nice cafe if you want to discuss your art experience, perhaps over a bottle of Australian Chardonnay.

Tomorrow, no matter what the weather I'm going my next theme park, Sea World.


Travel info 

Gold Coast Arts Centre - http://www.theartscentregc.com.au