Thursday, July 22, 2010

Madame Tussaud's, London

I made a rookie London tourist mistake this morning. I walked down to Avis in Earls Court to confirm the hire car booking for tomorrow. There was blue sky when I left the hotel. Walking back I got caught out in the open in a shower, and totally drenched. I know – idiot! Always carry an umbrella in London.

Louise and I went to Madam Tussaud’s the home of the life like wax models of celebrities, historical figures etc. Fortunately, we had pre paid tickets, so we only had a very short line. However on the other side there was long line of people waiting to buy theirs.

It's a popular attraction, and being summer in London, it was bedlam inside (pictured above).


The best bet is to arrive early in the day, and pre pay your ticket.


There was our very own Nicole Kidman (pictured above)

Me looking a little sunburnt with Amy Winehouse (pictured above).

There's a Spirit of London tour in a black cab through the city's history. It was blessed relief from the throng. We caught the tube to Kensington High Street, so Louise could do some last minute shopping in London.

Tomorrow we are off to the South East of England. I’m planning on visiting Canterbury, Dover to see the famous white cliffs, and then onto Hastings where we will be staying the next couple of nights. Unless my new GPS sends me to Scotland.