Friday, July 20, 2018

Norway: Nesodden



The sunny weather continues, one of the hottest summers in the Nordic countries for decades. I was talking to my host here who said its becoming a problem for the farmers now as there is no hay for the animals. So, they desperately need some rain.

In the map above you can see where I am in relation to Oslo city. I'm staying closer to Flaskebekk next to a forest, on the ridge near the Oslo fyord.  On the left is the Oslo fyord, the main channel to the sea. I arrived from the ferry that leaves Aker Brygge.

Yes its true, a beer in Norway costs 10 Euros or $15 AUD! I know un-Australian. There would be riots in the streets in Australia if we had to pay that price. For comparison a beer costs $4.30 AUD at the Burwood RSL in Sydney.


There is a gorgeous little path down to the water from the house I'm staying.


The Oslo Fyord at the bottom of the trail. It only takes five minutes to get to the water.


Norwegian houses are usually made out of wood, and are painted different colours. This cute one caught my eye (see above). I really like Norwegian style, the houses are beautiful, but in that Scandinavian minimalist style. This is a beautiful part of the world to live in, well, at least, in this glorious Northern European summer.


The sunsets are really amazing up here, around 10.30pm! The view from the porch (see above). As you can see I'm having a really good holiday up here in Northern Europe.