Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Packing for Europe

Tomorrow I'm off to Europe with Qantas on the new A380 jet, so today was packing. I hate packing, because I always forget something, so this time I have already prepared a list as an Excel document, which I check off as I go. Even so, I nearly forgot the power point adaptors.

Because, I carry so many electronic items, I need two power adaptors for the UK and another two for Europe. This time I'm bringing a digital HD video camera, so I'm going to try and post some videos to the blog. Then there is the digital SLR camera, the Netbook, the IPOD, the Kindle, and the mobile phone, which all need charging at various times. These I normally pack in the day pack to carry onto the plane. However, this time instead of my main luggage being wheeled it's the Golite Jam 70 Litre backpack, so I'm going to have to carry two packs, probably backpacker style, like a pregnant turtle, with the day pack to the front, atleast to my accomodation.

Speaking of accomodation the itinery so far is three nights in London and seven nights in Barcelona. I'm not so sure what happens after that, but it would probably be Madrid, Brussels, then Amsterdam. I'm pretty flexible now after my lifestyle change, and what I've learnt so  far is that you have to adapt to any situation.

Well, tomorrow we go, so sleep tight, and enjoy the ride.