Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Prague to Dubai

It was sad packing up; I wish we could stay longer, but I'm back for another semester at Uni on Monday. It's when you pack up that you understand how much stuff you packed that you didn't use. I hope you didn't notice too much, but I just used the Apple IPAD Mini to take photographs, although I did pack the Digital SLR and the big lens and a video camera. Next time I'm just going to bring the Daypack with 5 changes of clothes. Most experienced travellers just take carry on luggage.

We caught the tram to the airport I think that must be the cheapest way to get to the airport, which is about 15km away from the City centre. There's 3 terminals, and I believe Terminal 1 is if you flying out of Europe like we were.

The captain said it was a five hour and twenty four minute flight to Dubai. We arrived around midnight I believe local time, so everything was closed, but it was much cooler than arriving mid afternoon on our flight over.

Dubai airport in a few years will be busier than even Heathrow. There's a train to take you from one terminal to the next. The best thing about Dubai is that it is faster than clearing customs at Heathrow.

Tomorrow or is it today, we have a mid morning flight back to Sydney, which is about 13 hours if memory serves me correctly, which is much better than the 24 hour flights to London Australians traditionally went to Europe. I can definitely say I'm more relaxed and refreshed by the stop over in Dubai.

 In any case it's the future - that's where the future of air travel and the growth will be in Asia. It's also in Asia where the massive economic growth will take place, which makes Europe an ever shrinking, albeit still important, market as a share of global GDP. The bustle of Hong Kong is very different from Prague.