Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Upcoming trip to UK and Spain featuring the Camino de Santiago

In May I will be travelling  to the United Kingdom and Spain. In Spain I will undertake a pilgrimage in the form of the Camino de Santiago to the great cathedral at Santiago.  This is my first pilgrimage, and completion of the Camino will earn a certificate of Indulgence.

I will also visit Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, and possibly the Basque country, before returning to Australia at the end of June.

Last time I was in the UK I was very sick, so I'm a little apprehensive. First time to Spain though.

Preparation for this trip involves downloading a Spain travel guide to my Kindle, watching the movie, The Way, on the Camino (Way of St James apostle), and reading my sister's travel guide on the Comino.

What could possibly go wrong?